Re: How much I can rely on etc/TODO

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How much I can rely on etc/TODO
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 17:12:13 +0300

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 17:53:03 -0400
>
>   > I don't remember Emacs development ever advancing according to plan.
>   > It would be nice to have that, I agree, but I don't think it's
>   > possible in practice.  People work on what they feel like working;
>
> That's the attitude that Emacs developers have now.  But it is not
> inevitable.  Let's try to lead and inspire people to work on some
> things that would be a big advance.

I described the end result, as I see it.  It doesn't follow in any way
that this result is due to some negative "attitude" or to lack of
trying to lead.  In fact, assuming that is IMO unfair to say the
least.  We all know that one could try as best one can, and have the
best intentions and vision, and still fail to reach the goal.