Re: C style alist question?

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: C style alist question?
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 17:00:47 +0200

Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 03:16:59 +0200
From: Ergus <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden

But other common policies around are:

1) add only tabs (and ignore the small mismatch in some cases)

int function(int var1,
------->double b,
------->double c)
{
------->for (int i = 0; i < 10; ++i)
------->------->myprintf ("%d\n",
------->------->------->i);
}

AFAIU, this is the 'linux' style in CC Mode.

No, the linux style is the first example I inserted in my mail. With
some spaces to align. Like this (or at least this is what I get)

int function(int var1,
------->.....double b,
------->.....double c)
{
------->for (int i = 0; i < 10; ++i)
------->------->myprintf ("%d\n",
------->------->------->..i);
}

The indent-tabs-mode inserts "as many tabs as possible" and then aligns
with spaces.

2) Use tabs (but only for indentation) and spaces to align

int function(int var1,
.............double b)
{
------->for (int i = 0; i < 10; ++i)
}

And this is the 'bsd' style.

bsd style defines 4 spaces after tabulator align for continuation lines,
not alineation with spaces.

Can you use these built-in styles to get what you want?  Or did I
misunderstand what you are looking for?

According with Alan's mail the policy is not included and it needs a
workaround he sent in his email as an answer to a mail from 2008.