Re: Documenting FSF copyright assignment process

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Documenting FSF copyright assignment process
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 19:53:24 -0400

> As for the request to put the forms online: I think the idea is that we
> want human interaction there, so that we can help the contributor by
> selecting the form appropriate for their contribution.

I think for many people it would be nicer if we can point them to
a web-page than sending them a text form to email.

As for the choice, I think it's best to only present them with the
"assign.future" form first, and leave discussion of alternatives if/when
they find it problematic.

But there is the risk that they end up signing something for "ELPA"
or for their one current project instead of signing for "Emacs" and then
later come to regret it because it forces them to go through the whole
process again.

> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/tree/doc/Copyright/

That's not a web form.

        Stefan