Re: CHECK_STRUCTS/dmpstruct.h mechanism is broken.

From: Daniele Nicolodi
Subject: Re: CHECK_STRUCTS/dmpstruct.h mechanism is broken.
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 11:02:11 -0600

On 11-04-2019 16:44, Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 4/11/19 12:55 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Yes, it has no autoconf, but
>> that's been replaced with the configure step from waf, which has exactly
>> one person you can ask if something doesn't work the way you think it
>> should.
>
> Yes, I considered waf too (coincidentally I was just talking to a
> student today about waf for one of his projects!).

I think meson http://mesonbuild.com/ is a better tool than waf. It is
also implemented in Python but it uses a DSL for the build definition
making his syntax much more regular. Meson is gaining a lot of traction
and the development is very active (and upstream is not hostile to
packaging in distributions). However, I haven't used it for anything
very complex yet.

Cheers,
Dan