pushing rewritten scratch branch

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: pushing rewritten scratch branch
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 15:42:46 -0800

I have a scratch branch scratch/project-uniquify-files, that I'm having
trouble pushing.

I wanted to squash the commits so it would be easier to review, but I
had done 'merge' from master instead of 'rebase'.

So I extracted a diff from master, reverted the branch to master with
'git reset --hard master', applied the diff, and committed.

Now I'm trying to do 'git push', but it's rejected because it's not a
"fast-forward" commit.

Following 'git push --help', I tried to override that with:

git push origin +scratch/project-uniquify-files:scratch/project-uniquify-files

But that gave the same error.

How do I fix this?

I think I can delete the remote branch and recreate it, but it seems
like there ought to be an easier way.

--
-- Stephe