emacs-orgmode

[O] open link in source code block

From: Win Treese
Subject: [O] open link in source code block
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 19:38:35 -0500

I suspect that this has come up before, but I couldn’t find anything about it
in the mailing list archives.

Suppose I have the following Org file contents:

* test
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(setq yyy 3)
;; See https://www.gnu.org
#+END_SRC

The URL for gnu.org is highlighted as a clickable link. But if I click it, the
source block is evaluated. This seems rather unexpected, especially since my
intention was to open the link.

I don’t know if this is a bug or if it’s the intended behavior. Or if there is
a setting I have missed.

Version information: Aquamacs 3.5 on Mac OS 10.13.6, based on Emacs 25.3.50.1,
Org version 9.2. Started Aquamacs with -q, then ran (package-initialize) so
that it would find the current MELPA version of Org. No other configuration
code was run.

Thanks for any insight.

Win Treese
address@hidden