emacs-orgmode

Re: [O] how do I search state change dates?

From: Michael Welle
Subject: Re: [O] how do I search state change dates?
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 07:02:14 +0100

Hello,

"Christopher W. Ryan" <address@hidden> writes:

> This looks promising. However, the example at the link you referenced
> seems to have its state changes inside a LOGBOOK property drawer. My
> state changes are not inside a drawer. See excerpt below.
the shown code should be able to deal with both situations, but it's not
much tested without drawers. It's just...

> To change the
> state, say from TODO to READING, I use C-c C-t and then can choose one
> of my pre-specified states.  Should I put my state changes in a LOGBOOK
> drawer? If so, how does that work?
... that using drawers is my personal preference. I think it looks
cleaner. I have tasks with pages full of state data. It's nice to be
able to fold the drawer and hide the data. The behaviour can be changed
by setting the variable org-log-into-drawer.

Regards
hmw