emacs-orgmode

[O] Paste subtree without expanding it / keep it collapsed after pasting

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: [O] Paste subtree without expanding it / keep it collapsed after pasting
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 16:37:11 -0600

Hi list,

I often copy an item and its whole subtree to move them around, I know I can move them with the move commands, but sometimes it's faster to just copy, paste and fix the leveling later.

I can copy or cut a collapsed subtree and it will copy everything below it until it ends (and the next item at the same level starts), which is intuitive and works great. However, when pasting it, it automatically expands the tree and it makes it really hard to see the context so I can fix the leveling, for example.

Is there a way to paste the subtree [and keep it] collapsed?

Thanks in advance!