emacs-orgmode

Re: [O] Link Bug?

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: [O] Link Bug?
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 22:07:14 +0100

Hi,

Scott Randby <address@hidden> writes:

> First, I'm using Emacs 26.1 and Org 9.2.
>
> If I have [[./page.html]] in an Org file and I click on the link,
> page.html is opened in my browser, but if I have
> [[./page.html#section]] in the Org file and I click on that link, a
> text file named page.html#section is opened in a buffer instead of a
> page in my browser that starts at the desired place. I'm not sure if
> this is a bug or not, but it isn't the kind of behavior I want. Is
> there any way of getting around this behavior?

The core of your issue seems to be that one can interpret
"./page.html#section" as filename and also as an anchor in html file
"./page.html".

Possibly there are clever ways to make the program smarter to detect
links to anchors in html files.

A way around is to be more explicit in the link.  E.g. call a browser
via elisp and use the "file:" protocol:

[[elisp:(browse-url-firefox "file:///home/webstuff/page.html#section")]]

HTH
--
Marco