emacs-orgmode

Re: [O] Org without Emacs?

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: [O] Org without Emacs?
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 14:14:58 +0000

Scott Randby <address@hidden> writes:

> Greetings,

Hi Scott,

> Here is an article that might interest some:
> https://opensource.com/article/19/1/productivity-tool-org-mode
>
> I'm not sure if the article is entirely successful. Maybe the tools mentioned
> in it can do some of the things Org does, but are there any that have full
> Org functionality? I'm not convinced that Org can be divorced from Emacs.
> Maybe parts of it can be separated.
>
> Scott Randby

My only worry would be if any of this support in other tools is cover
for attacking the copyleft and hence unity of how Org works; aimed
ultimately at fragmenting the Org ecosystem.

As long as that is not the case, I'm happy to fully support these
alternative implementations.  (And personally, I'm a heavy Orgzly user.)

Best wishes,
   Neil