emacs-orgmode

[O] Dual document export slides and lecture notes title slide issue

From: johanna . may
Subject: [O] Dual document export slides and lecture notes title slide issue
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 09:38:30 +0100

Dear org-mode community,

I'm a noob, started using org-mode about probably only 9 months ago. However, I'd say my latex knowledge is intermediate, so that helps.

I followed some of the instruction in https://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/beamer/beamer-dual-format.html in order to get dual beamer and scrrprt document export. In this link the author mentions the following:

    "In my environment, I used a hack that assumes Beamer has been added to org-latex-classes under the exact string "beamer." This is not ideal, because a user might have added a custom class under a different name. Nicolas Goaziou proposed an alternate approach using regular expressions, but I didn't implement it in my environment."

Since in my set-up (probably newer than this 2014 instruction) I cannot find ox-beamer.el as a separate file - and this hack seems fishy to me - I tried to find Nicolas Goaziou's regexp instructions of how to include the titlepage in the beamer presentation in spite of the ignorenonframetext option. However, I could not find anything that was related by him in my searches.

So, my question is: Could I add this titlepage by making some sort of copy of the beamer class (something like mybeamer, similar to myscrartcl in https://www.suenkler.info/notes/emacs-config/) in my dotemacs, just adding a few lines there? And what would I add there? Or the other option would be to switch on the ignorenonframetext option later in the document, i.e. after the title slide - how could I get that done? Something like :beamer_opt: ignorenonframetext in every section's property drawer? I don't really care about elegance, I'm interested in stable function.

It would be great if you could just point me at well documented examples of other people who are making dual documents for both teaching (slides) and for students to recap with notes (lecture notes) based on the same diagrams. I also am considering using html instead of pdf for the slides, but I haven't so far because I haven't come across any tablet annotating possibility for browser pages: In some slides I want to leave blank spaces in order to demonstrate the calculations live.

So, thank you very much for your ideas in advance. I subscribed to the digest, not the single emails, so I probably won't read your answers before this evening (and also not reply to questions about clarification of my issue).

I have to say, that I really like what org-mode, and org-babel can do. And I want to thank all of you who are contributing on this. At some point of time I also want to start a blog and share my working examples so that others can profit. But I first need to re-make my lecture notes in a more sustainable and reproducible way.

Cheers,

J. M.