emacs-orgmode

Re: New try at multi-lingual export to latex/pdf using pdflatex and babe

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: New try at multi-lingual export to latex/pdf using pdflatex and babel
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 17:47:50 +0000

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez writes:

> +#+begin_example
> +,#+latex_class_options: [greek,spanish,oneside]
> +,#+language: es
> +,#+latex_header: \PassOptionsToPackage{main=spanish}{babel}
> +,#+latex_header: \usepackage{alphabeta} % to support greek script
> +#+end_example

I think this example doesn't take advantage of the AUTO facility, which
is what the section is about. Btw, maybe it would be nice to extend ''AUTO'' to
latex_class_options and \PassOptionsToPackage? Something like:

#+latex_class_options: [greek,AUTO,oneside]
#+language: es

However, I would only find the \PassOptionsToPackage command useful in
classes that already load babel with a main language. From Org, using
just pdfTeX, I think it would be simpler:

#+language: es
#+latex_header: \usepackage[greek,AUTO]{babel}
#+latex_header: \usepackage{alphabeta} % to support greek script

or this variant, using babelprovide and an INI file:

#+language: es
#+latex_header: \usepackage[greek]{babel}
#+latex_header: \babelprovide[import,main]{AUTO}
#+latex_header: \usepackage{alphabeta}

Best regards,

Juan Manuel