[emms-help] emacs hangs on `describe-mode' in emms-playlist-mode

From: Vijay Lakshminarayanan
Subject: [emms-help] emacs hangs on `describe-mode' in emms-playlist-mode
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 18:02:55 -0500

Hi,

I just downloaded the latest version of Emms and installed it in ~/elisp/emms.

Everything works well and Emms is exactly what I've been looking for.

Not knowing how to use playlists, I created a new buffer "emms" (or
some variants) and M-x emms-playlist-mode in it.  Here I did C-h m
(describe-mode) and emacs stopped responding.  Completely.  I had to
kill `pgrep emacs` it :-(

When I first tested this, I was running the default emms setup (as
given in the README file).

I switched to the (emms-devel) mode and tried it.  Same result.

However, C-h b (describe-bindings) works well.  From that I tried `?'
in the playlist mode to the same effect.

My emacs version is 21.4.1

Please tell me if you need further details.

On side note, I think I crashed emacs some 10 times in testing this
bug.  A record for me :-)

Cheers
Vijay