[emms-help] Re: emms mode line format question

From: Leon
Subject: [emms-help] Re: emms mode line format question
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 19:37:28 +0100

Lucas Bonnet <address@hidden> writes:

> Leon <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi all,
>
> Hello.
>
>> Is it possible to set the mode line format to display the song name?
>> For example, if emms is playing "/music/happybirthday.mp3", display
>> "happybirthday" or even better display the id3 title, instead of
>> "/music/happybirthday.mp3".
>
> Sure. First, to enable id3 reading you need either mp3info or the tag
> reader provided with EMMS.
>
> Tag-reading is enabled with (emms-standard) or better. The song title in
> the mode-line is enabled with (emms-all).
>
> In the end, all you need to do is to (emms-all) in your EMMS config and
> install mp3info and ogginfo. If you want to use the libtag method there
> are instructions for this in the README and the manual.
>
> Hope this helps,

Thank you Lucas. Is it possible to use id3info from id3lib program?
It's readily available in my system.

However, without using id3 info, how to show just the file name
without the path? I found it takes up too much space in the mode
line. I think it will be a nice feature to have.

Thank you!
--
Leon