Re: [emms-help] Re: "s" as a prefix binding

From: Martin Schoenmakers
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: "s" as a prefix binding
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 04:04:33 +0200

William Xu <address@hidden> writes:

> If we bind 's' to stop, at least it confuses me at first, Start or Stop
> ?

Well, given that you don't typically stop something that isn't started
or start something that isn't currently stopped, wouldn't it be useful
to make it work as either, depending on state? I've already done
something not unlike that myself with my global 'control EMMS while in
some other buffer' bindings.

(The one time it makes a difference, perhaps, is pause. Start and stop
are equally applicable in that case, but then if it's a single keypress,
doing it at most twice probably isn't much trouble.)

Just some random remarks at 4am ;)