Re: [emms-help] Can emms-lastfm display track info, such as aritist?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Can emms-lastfm display track info, such as aritist?
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:35:49 +0100

William Xu <address@hidden> writes:

Hi William,

>> thiss one bothered me, so I had a look at myself.  Indeed there's a
>> new API version, and I'm currently working on updating
>> emms-lastfm.el.  There are quite a few changes, but I hope I can
>> finish a working version today.
>
> Great, thanks ! :-)

Ok, the changes are in my repository (and in a patch sent to
emms-patches):

    http://www.tsdh.de/repos/darcs/emms/

The patch updates only the submission process and adds now-playing
support.  The rating is still broken, and because there's no official
API one needs to look into the sources of the official client.  But it
seems the ratings will soon be merged into the track submission process,
so I'd say we wait till that's done instead of implementing a soon to be
obsolete workaround.

Bye,
Tassilo