[emms-help] Browser tree layout for Soundtracks different from other gen

From: 白い熊
Subject: [emms-help] Browser tree layout for Soundtracks different from other genres
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 17:28:05 +0200

Hello everybody:

I'm new to emms and finding my way around with it. What a potent emacs tool...

Anyhow, I've set the top browsing category to Genres for the Browser via: (setq
emms-browser-default-browse-type
'info-genre)

This suits me quite well, as the browser expands Genres => Artist => Album.

What I'd like to do, which I'm not sure how, is the following: For the
Soundtrack genre, not have it split by Artist
then, but directly by Album. The reason for this being that there's usually
many artists on one soundtrack album, so
expanding the Genres subtree by artist isn't very good.

I assume from what I've read, that the answer could be some filter, i.e. create
a filter to just display Soundtracks,
and there then have some other category expanding rule. This would be the
second best choice.

The best choice in my mind would be: just for the Soundtrack subtree expand
directly by Album.

Does anyone know how I could achieve the above best choice? If not, how can I
create the filter and alternate tree
sorting for that filter, as in the second best choice.

Thank you for help.

Best regards,

白い熊