[emms-help] VideoLAN support in Emms

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: [emms-help] VideoLAN support in Emms
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 23:50:46 +0300

Today someone on #emacs asked about vlc support in Emms. I've been
meaning to add it for some time now, and the request provided enough
encouragement to spend this evening putting it together. vlc is a good
player for Emms to support in my opinion.

I've just pushed to the git repo a patch containing
emms-player-vlc.el. Please note that this is preliminary, so wear a
hard-hat and send in bug reports (or better yet, patches!).

Currently missing features are playlists and relative seeking. Relative
seeking might entail that I send a patch to vlc (I'm pulling the vlc
source from their git repo as I write this).