Re: [emms-help] emms and last.fm - no next track in playlist error

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms and last.fm - no next track in playlist error
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:13:19 +0100

Michael Oliver <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Michael,

> I'm have some trouble getting emms to play last.fm streams. When I try
> to run "emms-play-lastfm-global-tag RET jazz RET" I get the errors
> message "No next track in playlist"

Me, too.

> Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be and how it might
> be resolved?

The problem is that emms-lastfm.el isn't up-to-date when it comes to the
lastfm streams.  Since the time I've implemented that the protocol has
changed several times, and I only updated the "scrobbeling" part,
e.g. track submission, because that's what I use only.

To make things worse, only the scrobbeling part is documented.  The
streaming part's spec is how it's implemented in the official lastfm
client.  (At least that was the situation when I looked at it the last
time.)

So if someone volunteers to look at the official player's sources and to
implement the streaming api, that would be great, but it's not on my
todo list.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Chuck Norris is not Irish. His hair is soaked in the blood of his victims.