[emms-help] Re: Enhancing emms-mode-line.el

From: William Xu
Subject: [emms-help] Re: Enhancing emms-mode-line.el
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 20:34:00 +0800

Tim Landscheidt <address@hidden> writes:

   Hi,

   I'm thinking about enhancing emms-mode-line.el (and inte-
   grating emms-mode-line-icon.el in the process).

     Instead of the present, "take it or write your own func-
   tion" approach, I would like to use something like
   battery-mode-line-format with a bunch of "%a" -> track's
   artist, "%t" -> track's title, "%s" -> old format, "%i" ->
   icon mappings.

     The problem I see when looking at - hmmm -
   emms-track-simple-description is that the format should de-
   pend on the track type. This could be dealt with by an
   alist (always as an alternative to a personal function):

   | '((file . "%i %a: %t")
   |   (url  . "%i %u")

This would be a nice feature to have!  I hope it would also support
width arguement before those format control strings, just like `format'.
e.g., "%10T".

--
William

http://xwl.appspot.com