Re: [emms-help] emms-stream-info-bookmark doesn't get any results

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms-stream-info-bookmark doesn't get any results
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 10:35:27 -0400

Julien Cubizolles <address@hidden> writes:

> Yoni Rabkin <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> querying stream...done
>>> now playing: N/A on N/A, genre: N/A, bitrate: N/A
>>
>> I just tried it and got:
>>
>> querying stream...done
>> now playing: Indie LoFi College on SomaFM presents: Indie Pop Rocks!
>> [SomaFM], genre: Indie LoFi College, bitrate: Indie LoFi College
>>
>>> I'm running emms-20160801.1349 from melpa.
>>
>> I'm not involved with melpa. I tried it with the latest Savannah git.
>
> I tried emms from Savannah git and still got the N/A results. Maybe I'm
> not using the right function in emms-info-functions:
>
>> emms-info functions: (emms-info-mpd emms-info-libtag).
>
> Which one do you haveĀ ?

Getting info from a stream is a different thing than getting it from a
file, so the info functions don't apply. The streaming info backend is
determined by the variable `*emms-stream-info-backend*', which is set to
mplayer in my case.

I also note that while setting `*emms-stream-info-backend*' is mentioned
in emms-stream-info.el, it isn't mentioned in the manual. I'll add it to
the manual so people can do that in future.

(unless you feel like sending in a patch against the manual adding
that...)