Re: [emms-help] emms-source-file-directory-tree-function and non-GNU fin

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: [emms-help] emms-source-file-directory-tree-function and non-GNU find
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 20:47:28 -0500

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> From: https://github.com/emacs-evil/evil-collection/issues/221
>
> Apparently we don't need GNU find and we could very well adapt
> `emms-source-file-directory-tree-find' to work on other systems with a
> bunch of
>
>   "-iname" "*.EXT1"
>   "-o"
>   "-iname" "*.EXT1"
>   ;...
>
> What do you think?

I have no problem with using the -iname -o -iname -o ... pattern, if it
makes `emms-source-file-directory-tree-find' work with other systems as
well as on GNU. I have no access to other systems, so I won't be able to
tell.

I don't exactly understand what you mean by "we don't need GNU find",
because we would still be invoking the same `find' from GNU findutils
with the iname pattern.