erw-devel

Re: [Erw-devel] 1.0b2 problem with XP & IE6

From: erw-devel
Subject: Re: [Erw-devel] 1.0b2 problem with XP & IE6
Date: 14 Oct 2003 15:14:19 +0200

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 05:26, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been told over the phone about a problem with the main browse lists
> after I upgraded an ERW installation from 0.9.9b3 to 1.0b2
> (on Debian 3.0, Apache 1.3.26, php 4.1.2, mysql 3.23.49).
>
> Starting at index.php & clicking on any of the table/type links will launch
> the browse list for that entity (list.php?type=......)  Although the browse
> list was displayed there were no entities in the list.  The laptop was using
> Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633 & Windows XP Professional
> version 2002.sp1.  The problem continued to occur after emptying the browser
> cache, rebooting & trying ERW again.

Could you install the script debugger (you can find it easily on
www.microsoft.com)
and tell me which error it reports? It really seems a JavaScript problem,
and I thought I fixed that with 1.0b2 (it hit us even here). In any case
tomorrow I should be able to grab an XP installation (I tried with 2000, and it
seems to work fine).

In any case, does the pointer briefly change to a clock when you hit the
arrows? If it is a JavaScript problem, it will completely lock down the
RPC system, and hitting on the buttons should not cause that slight change.

Ciao,

                                        seba