fbi-improved-devel

[fim-devel] some news in fim developement

From: Michele Martone
Subject: [fim-devel] some news in fim developement
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 22:27:46 +0100

Some months ago the first announcement on this mailing list.
No 'offical' releases were announced in the meanwhile, although Fim
developement didn't stop at all and the developement directions set in
the previous email still hold.

In facts, the SVN version of fim (currently on
http://code.autistici.org/svn/fim ) is much improved over the one
in the tarball repository, so it si worth checking out!

However, in these weeks, Fim is undergoing a major reorganization of the
C code pertaining its very Fbi core.
It is a dirty and annoying work, that will probably last for some time,
but it will give Fim the basis for a more serene developement of the
features and improvement it deserves.

It's about cleaning its internals to achieve a version on which the
program logic should be more clear and understandable.

Meanwhile, I received several appreciations, bug reports and feedback
(not an avalanche though, but enough) !
This is very nice from the Fim users, and I hope to continue in this
way.

  IMPORTANT:

Moreover, I note here that today I received a very nice report for Fim
by email, but I deleted it by mistake!
I have no memory about its author address, but it contained an
attachment named 'fim.200801180056.log.gz'.
May its author contact me again, so I could write him/her back!

-------

Michele