fbi-improved-devel

Re: [fim-devel] Display image at X + Y

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: [fim-devel] Display image at X + Y
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 10:59:16 -0400

On 03/29/2016 11:34 AM, dezperado wrote:
On address@hidden:53, Patrick wrote:
On 03/21/2016 07:03 AM, dezperado wrote:
On address@hidden:25, Patrick wrote:
Hi Everyone

This is a development list. I have seen some projects that used the
devel list for both development and user inquires. I hope it's okay
to post a user inquiry here, please ignore my email if not.
Hi Patrick,

yep this is the only mailing list, so it's fine.

I read through the man pages for fim and fimrc but I did not see
what I was looking for.

I would like to use fim with an ncurses based application I am
writing. I am wondering if it is possible to display and image at
specific coordinates? If I did not write or read from a given  part
of the screen using ncurses calls, could I write to this part of the
screen using fim?

I am hoping to display a small graph in the upper right hand corner
of my application.
Do you intend to display it using -o fb  or -o aa  ?
This is crucial.

Alternatively is it possible to use screen or tmux and have fim work
within a pane? Frmo what I have rad this does not seem possible and
my simple experiments have failed.
With -o aa  and screen it shall always work.
With -o fb  and screen it shall work, but of course not under X.
Thanks so much for answering my post. I am using -o fb. There were
examples of how to specify x and y with SDL
Hi Patrick,

In man fimrc there is documentation of -osdl <width>:<height> but this
is different.

So which examples you mean ?
I am not aware of the ones you mention.
Can you point me to them ?

but they did not seem to
work with the fb option. If that is possible could you let me know?
Sorry for the long delay. I think I am asking too much. I am going to try and write a program that calls the Linux framebuffer directly.
Thanks for trying to help me. Have a great day