fhsst-authors

[Fhsst-authors] News

From: Mark Horner
Subject: [Fhsst-authors] News
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:32:49 +0200 (SAST)

Hi all,

Quite a bit happened today.

We met with Prof Rochford and he gave us some feedback on our
electrostatics chapter. Nothing seriously wrong which is good! Some
comments on drawings and layout - but not mistakes.

We will get a brief article published in the next issue of Science in
Africa (www.scienceinafrica.co.za). We are going to use it to recruit
people to get chemistry and maths going. We need to break everything up
into sections and get volunteers for each section. Of course there will be
lots of editing needed for flow and structure etc.

I would like Marc to guide the structuring of the maths sections.
We still need a chemistry person.

On that note Spencer and I visited Susan Bourne the student advisor in the
chemistry department to discuss recruiting some of their grad students.
She wants a blurb and she'll organise a meeting for us in the very near
future. She was very positive about it so we should be able to come up
with some volunteers and a guest editor.

I need to make a basic website and breakdown of sections for maths and
chemisty because we need to get recruiting underway. I hope to have
something up in the next two days (work permitting). Feel free to recruit
people for sections once i have the breakdown on the website.

Cheers,

Mark Horner

Physics Department
University of Cape Town
Rondebosch
7700
South Africa

Phone: +27 21 650 3366 (office)
Phone: +27 83 564 6272 (cellular)
Fax:   +27 21 650 3342

Homepage:
http://hep.phy.uct.ac.za/~horner

Co-author:
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/fhsst

"It went well. There are no problems, and, as a bonus, it showed that I
have a brain!"
- Stormers and Springbok backrower CORNE KRIGE speaking after undergoing a
precautionary brain scan after a clash of heads during a Super 12 match.