fhsst-authors

Re: [Fhsst-authors] New author

From: Mark Horner
Subject: Re: [Fhsst-authors] New author
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:52:07 -0700

Hi Jeff

You can compile just the chemisty section if you have the mainchem.tex, defines.tex and chemistry folder. Just latex the mainchem.tex file. If you are on Linux you could get the Makefile and do a "make chem".

I have never used tkcvs. You can work on the files without CVS and then once you have CVS setup just copy your files over the ones from CVS and commit your changes.

I would recommend getting CVS setup first though - there is less danger that you diverge drastically from the repository.

About time - it would be nice to keep things ticking over but we do have a bit of time. We'd like to have completed and edited all the core content by the end of the year. We need a couple of months for editing purposes.

What is the problem with CVS? I can look into tkcvs if you let me know where you are stuck.

Cheers,

Mark

J. Greer wrote:
I recently joined the fhsst team.

I have completed the items in the setup file, including pstricks and adons. I
have also installed the AUCTex extension for emacs. My shared key has been
uploaded to my Savannah member profile. I have also installed tkcvs. It seems
to be operational.

At this point, I have downloaded source copies of the chemistry text via
anonymous html. The adminstrators suggested that I work on the O, H, and C
chapters. The Oxygen file needs the most work so I intend to start with that
first.

 As yet I have failed to get CVS operational. Even with the modifications to
LaTeX, I am unable to compile the work I am doing on the individual chapters. I
believe that is due to the fact that I don't have complete sources.

Am I wasting time working on the text until I get CVS setup?

How significant is the time pressure at this point? I realize that I have
started late in the game.

Thanks, Jeff