fhsst-authors

[Fhsst-authors] Access to Learning Material in South Africa

From: Rory Adams
Subject: [Fhsst-authors] Access to Learning Material in South Africa
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:09:11 +0200 (SAST)

Sorry for the delay - the first few times it did not get through.

____________________

Hi All

I attended the "Access to Learning Materials in South Africa" workshop
and conference held on Mon 24th and Tues 25th of this month. FHSST were
invited to attend and give a 10 min presentation of our project.

Unfortunately the conference was running overtime and there was a time
constraint for getting to the airport, as such I only had time to give
the presentation and answer a few questions before running off. However,
everyone attending the conference received a print-out of our
presentation which contains contact details.

Some contacts were obtained through various discussions over lunch and
at the pub (as usual).

FHSST was incredibly well received. It definitely opened minds as to the
possibilities for producing teaching resources in the future. Many
people were impressed by our progress and initiative.
The only ones who were shocked were the representatives for the
publishers :)

Hopefully we will gain some funders directly or indirectly from groups
who attended.

Rory

--
Rory M. Adams
PhD student                     Tel:+27 (0)21 650 3344