fhsst-authors

Re: [Fhsst-authors] Next Berkeley physics hackathon

From: Mark Horner
Subject: Re: [Fhsst-authors] Next Berkeley physics hackathon
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:34:31 -0800

Hi Thapelo

Sorry about the delay, Sarah Blyth is coordinating Chemistry. I spoke with her and she said that she had sent you an email a while ago - did you receive it? Just let us know if you didn't get it.

We haven't had any Chemistry hackathons yet because we don't have enough Chemistry volunteers in one place (or many at all) to organise it. We plan on doing a massive amount of recruiting this year and trying to organise events where people get together to work on things in as many places and as often as possible.

We've also been working on a site to streamline the contribution process and administration. I am aiming to make it live in the middle of February. The first version is working as of yesterday on my local server but I want to do at least 2 weeks of proper testing and write a detailed user's guide for it.

Best regards,

Mark

Mamiala, Thapelo (Dr) (Bird Street Campus) wrote:
Hi Mark

What is happening in Chemistry and who is the contact person?

Bye for now

Thapelo

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dr Thapelo Mamiala
Senior Lecturer: Science Education
Science, Mathematics and Technology Education (SMATE)
PO BOX 77 000                                         20 Bird Street
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Central PORT ELIZABETH, 6031
Telephone: +27 (0)41 504 4045
Fax:          +27 (0)41 582 1000
Email:       address@hidden
Website:   http://www.nmmu.ac.za