RE: [Fle3-users] Cormac's presentation and further collaboration

From: Cormac  McClean
Subject: RE: [Fle3-users] Cormac's presentation and further collaboration
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:16:45 +0100

Hi Tarmo,

>With your permission, I'd like to link to your presentation from
>fle3.uiah.fi.

Thanks for your email. I would be delighted (honoured, even!) if you were to
link to my presentation from the fle3 web site; as an advocate of Free/Open
Source Software I consider the presentation to be in a similar vein (free and
open). I've just realised that the ILTA site which contains the conference
presentations is password protected (username: edtech2005 and password:
edtech2005), but can be accessed from our own server at
http://moodle.ait.ie/papers/edTech2005_presentation/index.html. This server
will be unavailable temporarily (i.e. today) while I undertake a complete
overhaul, and I'm hoping to get the domain name changed (later this month) so
people will know it's not just a Moodle server. So, please do link to it, and
I'll let you know if and when the URL will need to be updated.

>And if your students have actually come up with working
>specific knowledge type sets for software engineering, we would
>definitely like to add them to our archive for others to use!
Likewise, I would be pleased if these are found to be of use, although I see
the greatest learning opportunity for students in the creation of
discipline-specific Knowledge Type Sets (based of course on structured
knowledge building using the existing knowledge type sets).

>We're currently doing scientific research on Fle3 and progressive
>inquiry, trying to get empirical validation on the method's and tool's
>effectiveness. We could use more data (=Fle3 interaction matrices). If
>you're interested, we could talk more on this.
I am very interested in this. I would be very keen to get involved in research
of this nature, particularly when the research complements my main role as a
teacher. Sounds exciting!

Best Regards,
Cormac.

>I did a presentation on Fle3 at this year's Irish Learning Technology
>Association Annual Conference, "EdTech 2005" earlier this month.
>The presentation is available at http://ilta.dcu.ie/mod/resource/view.php?id=76

Hi Cormac,

I have to agree with Teemu, that you've really grasped the very
essence of progressive inquiry, which is a rare thing to see! I think
we would mutually benefit from further collaboration.

With your permission, I'd like to link to your presentation from
fle3.uiah.fi. And if your students have actually come up with working

--
Tarmo Toikkanen
http://www.iki.fi/tarmo/

The information contained in this email is confidential and is designated
solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you have received
this email in error, please do not use or transmit it for any purpose but
rather notify us immediately and delete all copies of this email from your
computer system(s). Unless otherwise specifically agreed by our authorised
representative, the views expressed in this email are those of the author only
and shall not represent the view of or otherwise bind Athlone Institute of
Technology. Contact address@hidden or telephone 090 6471858.

<<winmail.dat>>