Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth multiple channels & ladspa

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth multiple channels & ladspa
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 18:15:44 -0800

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 16:11, Garett Shulman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anybody know if it is possible to get fluidsynth to output
> different instruments on different midi channels to different audio
> channels? For example, I would like to send a piano instrument on midi
> channel 1 out of channels 1 & 2 of the my delta66 and then have a rhodes
> ep on midi channel 2 sent out of channel 3 of the delta66 to an fx
> processor.
>
> Also, is there any means to control ladspa parameters with midi signals
> in fluidsynth?
>
> Thanks for any info.
>
> -Garett

I don't believe there is currently a way of routing audio to different
devices and the LADSPA unit is rather incomplete (I'm not really sure
myself how to use it).

Currently FluidSynth development is at a stand still. The original
developers Peter and Markus are rather busy and I'm busy with Swami and
libInstPatch. I hope that development picks up again sometime in the
future. If anyone is interested in taking over the job of a maintainer
or wants to start developing further with FluidSynth, please post to
this list! Regards,
        Josh Green