Re: [fluid-dev] Block-digram description of fluidsynth engine?

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Block-digram description of fluidsynth engine?
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 11:34:44 -0500

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 09:59, Stéphane Letz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested in trying to express the fluidsynth engine (or sub-part
> of it) in the Faust language
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/faudiostream/.
>
> Is there any "abstract desciption" of the fluidsynth engine available
> somewhere? By abstract desciption i mean a block-digram description of
> the audio signal flow with envelope, filter, chorus, reverb.....
>
> Thanks
>
> Stephane

So are you interested in the FluidSynth audio synthesis internals? If so
then I would suggest looking at the SoundFont specification which has
some block diagrams of SoundFont synthesis, which FluidSynth follows. If
you are interested in writing a plugin or binding for FluidSynth, the
FluidSynth programming API is what you would want to look at.

A link to the SoundFont specification:
http://www.soundfont.com/documents/sfspec21.pdf

Regards,
        Josh Green