[fluid-dev] FS as a client app to a MIDI-player

From: Ebrahim Mayat
Subject: [fluid-dev] FS as a client app to a MIDI-player
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 12:44:35 +0200

On Aug 31, 2004, at 6:16 PM, Stéphane Letz wrote:

MidiShare does not have any Inter application Midi routing capabilititie on Mac OSX.

But you can use the CoreMidi Inter application Midi routing capabilititie. On Panther there is an IAC driver in Audio/Midi setup. On Jaguar you can find programs for that (like MidiPipe)

Basically you use MidiShare with its CoreMidi driver (the msMidiDriver that is installed by default). Using the MidiShare tool msDrivers, you can do a connection between MidiShare ports and CoreMidi devices. The you can route Midi output form the CoreMidi application in the the MidiShare/Fluidsynth component.

Stephane Letz

Fausto

If I understand you correctly, you'd like to use FS as a client for Quicktime or iTunes? So you'd like FS to exchange MIDI data with Quicktime? In this scenario then, the CoreMidi application would be Quicktime, I presume and the MidiShare/Fluidsynth component would be its client.

Stéphane, any ideas on this one?

Ebrahim