Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth segfault on gentoo amd64

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth segfault on gentoo amd64
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:09:50 -0700

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 09:39 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 04:50:32PM +0300, address@hidden wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > you can provide a more meaningful bug report if you compile fluidsynth with
> > debug option (I think it's ./configure --enable-debug, but see ./configure
> > --help for help).
> >
> > As a general rule, remove all fluidsynth-related libs from /usr/lib AND
> > /usr/local/lib and install again (no matter whether you use the debug
> > option or not).
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Markus

I think I know what is causing this, could you try building FluidSynth
with --enable-longlong and see if that helps?  Looks like there are
still some issues with the fractional phase handling and 64 bit
platforms.  Forcing this option on would probably be an adequate
solution for 64 bit platforms (provided it works).  Cheers.
        Josh Green