Re: [fluid-dev] ALSA sequencer buffer overrun, lost events

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] ALSA sequencer buffer overrun, lost events
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 16:18:44 +0200

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 14:31 +0000, psykx.out wrote:
> Hello all,
> i'm trying to run fluidsynth through jack and use the rosegarden
> sequencer to make tunes. Jack starts fine with few or no x-runs but when
> fluidsynth starts i get
> fluidsynth: warning:
> and i get no sound from rosegarden. i have a 3Ghz processor, 1Gig ram
> and a sound blaster live 24bit running on the cao106 alsa driver so it's
> unlikely tat my sysyem is to blame unless it's my card.
>

> also can anybody tell me where the alsa seq is? the card or the kernel?
> is there a way to increase the buffer size?
>

> cheers max

That warning message about "Lost sequencer events" (can't remember the
exact output) is a bug which is fixed in CVS.  Need to make another
FluidSynth release.  It should still work, just is annoying all the
messages that get printed.  The ALSA sequencer is part of the ALSA
drivers and is running in the kernel (not specific to your sound card).
Shouldn't be any need to mess with its buffer size.  Best regards,
        Josh Green