Re: [fluid-dev] hauptwerk

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] hauptwerk
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:57:20 -0700

On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 14:24 -0400, John Dey wrote:
> Josh,
>
> I would be interested in seeing a converter script if or when you code
> it up.

There is already a Python script for creating a SoundFont file from wave
files.  Its just a matter of adapting it to this special case.  Is there
any information that can be derived from the name of the files for
Hauptwerk instruments?  How do you tell what notes they are for example,
is there a directory layout?  If I knew these details, it would really
help ;)

> Are you aware of Fons Adriaensen's Aeolus Pipe Organ synthesizer?  His
> approach for sound generation is to create samples using additive
> synthesis.  The samples are created a priori and can be saved to a file
> for future use.  I know nothing about the formats that he uses.  He
> does provide a sound font editor that is capable of changing the sound
> parameters.

No, I haven't heard of that.  Sounds interesting though.  Is it really a
SoundFont editor that he provides or do you just mean that its an editor
which allows you to change the parameters?

> John

Best regards,
        Josh