[fluid-dev] Subversion checkin and request for testing

From: Josh Green
Subject: [fluid-dev] Subversion checkin and request for testing
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:25:51 -0800

Hello FluidSynth list,

I committed some changes to subversion of which the following are of
functional significance:

Reverted "Effect level clip" patch until a better solution is devised
for the uneven chorus volume over the range of parameters, such a Nr
chorus count.  This patch seemed to cause the chorus to have too little
of an effect.  Also reverted the default value changes to Reverb and
Chorus, since I didn't see a strong reason to change them, and it would
be better to keep compatibility at this stage.

Added --enable-trap-on-fpe and --enable-fpe-check configure flags to
assist with Floating Point Exception debugging.

Fixed a couple floating point exception issues which were causing
excessive CPU usage.

Removed memory alignment hacks and some other code cleanups.

Updated man page.

Testing and feedback would be appreciated.  I think this is a good
release candidate, but I want to make sure before releasing something
which is broken ;)  Best regards,
        Josh