Re: [fluid-dev] SoundFont handling

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] SoundFont handling
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 23:28:11 -0700

I'm working to get Swami 2.0 released soon.  Its basically a redesign of
the older Swami 0.9.x and represents several years of development.  I
just never got around to the instability issues of Swami 0.9.x, due
mostly to neglect (much rather work on newer code than the older stuff).
Swami 2.0 aims to be a flexible environment for creating instruments and
I hope it satisfies.

One of the features which I'm working on is support for having an
instrument database which could synchronize with the online database at
http://sounds.resonance.org (not yet launched).  This could provide user
ratings which would be one way to weed out the crappy stuff.  I was
thinking it would be nice to use either MD5 sums to locate duplicate
samples and possibly some other audio signature algorithm to find
similar samples (possibly edited, etc).

One other feature which I think will be really useful to users is Python
scripting.  This should provide a flexible and easy to use way for users
to contribute complex editing/analysis operations.

I'll be sure to announce the release on fluid-dev and other channels
when its ready.

Cheers
        Josh