Re: [fluid-dev] Drunken drummer and fluidsynth

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Drunken drummer and fluidsynth
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 21:38:38 +0200

D.Bartolec skrev:
> Hi,
>
> I've written simple windows console test app that opens midi port, accepts
> and plays messages through fluidsynth.
> Thing that struck me straight away is drunken drummer style of percussion
> channel.

Just to avoid confusion: when I and Pedro were talking about drunk
drummers, it was not this problem we were talking about. What you're
talking about is ticket #1, or possibly a variation of it.

http://fluidsynth.resonance.org/trac/ticket/1

> I did a quick hack on my source base and it fixed it straight away.
> The fix is to check for channel number 9 or MSB bit of the bank set and not
> call
> fluid_synth_noteoff() and fluid_synth_release_voice_on_same_note().
> They should be called only for melodic channels.

What about percussion on melodic channels, e g GM Steel drums?

// David