[fluid-dev] FluidSynth ROCKS!

From: S. Christian Collins
Subject: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth ROCKS!
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 02:57:12 -0500

Dear Developers,

I just wanted to express my gratitude for the FluidSynth project.  I just finished composing the music for my first video game, and it was also my first major project using 100% open-source software (including Rosegarden, Ardour and more running on Kubuntu 9.04).  FluidSynth was my real workhorse, though, providing the majority of the sounds I used in the project.  If anybody needs motivation as to why FluidSynth is such an important project, here's a sneak peek of the game's music: http://www.schristiancollins.com/sc.php

The first three tracks on the page are 99% FluidSynth; the fourth uses some of other synths as well.  The SoundFonts are largely my own creation from various samples found online, and I will put them on my website once I have the time to prepare them for public consumption.

Many thanks to all the developers who made this possible.  FluidSynth performed without a hiccup during the whole project!
-~Chris

PS. Yes, I know some parts need to be cleaned up (especially track 4).  I ran out of time on the project...