Re: [fluid-dev] RPython Bindings

From: Goat Man
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] RPython Bindings
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 16:53:27 -0700

Hello Corbin,
i don't have access to svn at the moment so i'm simply uploading the source file as a download, check the downloads page.

Any clues on why fluid_synth_write_float returns floats in range of -30.0 to about +60.0, surely there must be a fixed range?
-hart

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 4:09 AM, Corbin Simpson <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Corbin Simpson
<address@hidden> wrote:
> You may be interested in my Cython bindings, see
> github.com/MostAwesomeDude/pyfluidsynth. While not complete, they do work.
>
> Sending from a mobile, pardon the brevity. ~ C.
>
> On Aug 15, 2010 6:17 PM, "Goat Man" <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hello Fluid Devs!
>> I am working on a RPython binding that is faster than the ctypes binding.
>> Project on google code here: http://code.google.com/p/rpyfluidsynth/
>>
>> Im getting some confusing values from fluid_synth_write_float, i was
>> expecting the float values to be between -1.0 and 1.0, but seems like it
>> averages -5.0 and 10.0, and sometimes it can go as higher than 60. Another
>> thing that is confusing me is that the high and low values should be equal
>> if the sign is flipped, because its a real signal. Instead it seems like
>> the signal is shifted up slightly (into the positive), or sometimes by as
>> much as half into the positive. (using fluidsynth 1.1.1)
>>
>> thanks,
>> -hart

Now that I'm home, I went to take a look at your code, but your SVN
looks empty. Is Google Code down?

~ C.

--
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir? ~ Keynes

Corbin Simpson
<address@hidden>