Re: [fluid-dev] Sending MIDI Events from a MIDI Keyboard on Mac OS X

From: Ebrahim Mayat
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Sending MIDI Events from a MIDI Keyboard on Mac OS X
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 21:14:31 -0400

On Mar 27, 2011, at 4:14 PM, Bastien Dejean wrote:

Hi,

I thought by reading the man page that I could just plug my USB MIDI Keyboard, launch fluidsynth with a soundfont as argument and play.
But it seems I'm missing something.
I tried 'fluidsynth -d -m coremidi x.sf2' but I don't see any MIDI events being received.

Bastien

As mentioned by Pedro, you need to use the the MIDI Patchbay application. This is outlined in the README-OSX document.