Re: [fluid-dev] [FS reverb level sounds]

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] [FS reverb level sounds]
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 08:06:40 +0200

On 2011-04-11 07:02, Bernd Casper wrote:
Hi Chris,
many thanks for replying.
I want to observe FS behaviour independently from soundfonts.
Do I understand right that your answer implies, FS still reverb level
call applies some sound effect to the synth output, even if soundfonts
reverb send is set to 0?

What Chris is saying is that you must make sure that reverb is turned off in two places:
1) The reverb send midi message (CC91) must be 0
2) The soundfont also has a "default reverb level" (at either instrument or preset level, IIRC) which must also be set to zero.

If you ensure both are set to zero you should not experience any difference compared to when reverb is turned off at the global level.

// David