Re: [fluid-dev] Fast renderer end of track

From: Matt Giuca
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Fast renderer end of track
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 22:34:40 +1000

Good point, I've always had this problem and it would be good to get
it fixed. There is a specific End Track message in the MIDI file so it
shouldn't be too hard.

As a workaround: when I write music for FluidSynth, I always create a
note about a bar after the last "real" note and set its velocity to 0.
That "tricks" FluidSynth into waiting long enough to play that last
silent note.

Matt