Re: [fluid-dev] Possible bugs in mod and release envelope math

From: Andrew Suffield
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Possible bugs in mod and release envelope math
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 17:09:56 +0100

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 10:08:58AM +0200, David Henningsson wrote:
> I agree that it feels strange, but question is if it matters?

Yes, that is the question. I can't really tell; there's too much going
on here that I don't fully understand yet.

> For
> release volumes, things should always ramp down anyway so any value
> >= 1 should be okay.

After looking more closely, I note that if we enter an envelope
section and the current value is out of range, it will immediately
skip to the next section. That also seems wrong and may interact
poorly with the quirky max values. Maybe the right thing is to clip to
the new range when entering a new section? Unclear if this is ever a
real issue.