[fluid-dev] how to know if FS compiled correctly? (MinGW)

From: Jay
Subject: [fluid-dev] how to know if FS compiled correctly? (MinGW)
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 13:02:18 +0000

Hi,

I've spent the last few days trying to get one of the sample programs on the FluidSynth site running in Qt 4.7 (most recent MinGW) in Windows 7. I managed to compile it, but when I statically link to the library, the program crashes instantly at run time with "code -1073741515." Reviewing the whole process, I've begun to wonder whether something might not have gone wrong with the DLL compilation: No matter where I place dsound.h (from Directx 9), it isn't found by CMake, and when I run mingw32-make, it has to be located in \fluidsynth-1.1.5\src\drivers rather than in freesw\include in order for the compile to finish. I've included the CMake log below, and would be happy to send any other information that might be helpful.

Thanks very much!

Jay

The C compiler identification is GNU 4.6.1
Check for working C compiler: C:/MinGW/bin/mingw32-gcc.exe
Check for working C compiler: C:/MinGW/bin/mingw32-gcc.exe -- works
Detecting C compiler ABI info
Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
Checking whether system has ANSI C header files
Looking for 8 include files dlfcn.h, ..., float.h
Looking for 8 include files dlfcn.h, ..., float.h - not found.
ANSI C header files - not found
Looking for include file unistd.h
Looking for include file unistd.h - found
Looking for DIR in sys/stat.h;sys/types.h;dirent.h
Looking for DIR in sys/stat.h;sys/types.h;dirent.h - found
Looking for string.h
Looking for string.h - found
Looking for stdlib.h
Looking for stdlib.h - found
Looking for stdio.h
Looking for stdio.h - found
Looking for math.h
Looking for math.h - found
Looking for errno.h
Looking for errno.h - found
Looking for stdarg.h
Looking for stdarg.h - found
Looking for memory.h
Looking for memory.h - found
Looking for sys/mman.h
Looking for sys/mman.h - not found
Looking for sys/time.h
Looking for sys/time.h - found
Looking for sys/ioctl.h
Looking for sys/ioctl.h - not found
Looking for fcntl.h
Looking for fcntl.h - found
Looking for sys/socket.h
Looking for sys/socket.h - not found
Looking for netinet/in.h
Looking for netinet/in.h - not found
Looking for netinet/tcp.h
Looking for netinet/tcp.h - not found
Looking for arpa/inet.h
Looking for arpa/inet.h - not found
Looking for limits.h
Looking for limits.h - found
Looking for pthread.h
Looking for pthread.h - found
Looking for signal.h
Looking for signal.h - found
Performing Test _have_inline
Performing Test _have_inline - Success
Performing Test _have_vla
Performing Test _have_vla - Success
Check if the system is big endian
Searching 16 bit integer
Looking for stdint.h
Looking for stdint.h - found
Looking for stddef.h
Looking for stddef.h - found
Check size of unsigned short
Check size of unsigned short - done
Using unsigned short
Check if the system is big endian - little endian
Looking for windows.h
Looking for windows.h - found
Looking for io.h
Looking for io.h - found
Looking for dsound.h
Looking for dsound.h - not found
Looking for include files windows.h, mmsystem.h
Looking for include files windows.h, mmsystem.h - found
Found PkgConfig: C:/flsynth/bin/pkg-config.exe (found version "0.23")
checking for modules 'glib-2.0>=2.6.5;gthread-2.0>=2.6.5'
  found glib-2.0, version 2.24.0
  found gthread-2.0, version 2.24.0
checking for module 'sndfile>=1.0.0'
  package 'sndfile>=1.0.0' not found
checking for module 'libpulse-simple>=0.9.8'
  package 'libpulse-simple>=0.9.8' not found
checking for module 'jack'
  package 'jack' not found
Could NOT find READLINE (missing:  READLINE_INCLUDE_DIR READLINE_LIBRARIES)
checking for module 'dbus-1>=1.0.0'
  package 'dbus-1>=1.0.0' not found
Could NOT find Doxygen (missing:  DOXYGEN_EXECUTABLE)

libsndfile:            no (raw audio file rendering only)
D-Bus:                 no
PulseAudio:            no
JACK:                  no
ALSA:                  no
PortAudio:             no
OSS:                   no
MidiShare:             no
CoreAudio:             no
CoreMIDI:              no
Windows:               yes
LADSPA support:        no
LASH support:          no
LADCCA support:        no
OS/2 DART support:     no
Audio to file driver:  yes
Readline:              no
Samples type=float:    no (using double)
Profiling:             no
Debug:                 no
Trap on FPE (debug):   no
Check FPE (debug):     no