Re: [fluid-dev] glib crash

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] glib crash
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 17:33:04 +0200

Le 21 août 2013 à 16:41, Element Green <address@hidden> a écrit :

 You should be able to do that like:
x/8bx 0x039894bc

(gdb) x/8bx 0x039894bc
0x39894bc: 0xe1 0xee 0xee 0xee 0xe1 0xee 0xee 0xee

Do you know any details about the differences in the CPUs?  Maybe this is a 64 bit related issue?  Although as far as I know most CPUs should be 64 bit capable these days.

Here are some infos on the two machines on which it crashes :

The core dump I gave you is from the 10.8.4 machine.  The other has 10.6.8.  Both machines have Intel Core 2 Duo chips (dual core, 64-bit) with 4gbs ram and are Macbook Pros, best I can tell both are from the pre-unibody 2008/2009 time period and have near identical hardware (I got them used so I don't know their exact age).  These days I use them mostly as "lowest common denominator" test machines.  Not sure what other more specific hardware info you need - let me know.  FYI, for Director 12 projectors the minimum OS requirement is 10.6.  But I am more concerned that a machine that is capable of running the latest Mac OS can't run fluidxtra.  I had sent you the cpu capability list from the 10.8 machine earlier, here is the same list again but from both machines:

10.8.4 Mac:
marcel-winmacbk:~ marcelblum$ sysctl hw.optional
hw.optional.floatingpoint: 1
hw.optional.mmx: 1
hw.optional.sse: 1
hw.optional.sse2: 1
hw.optional.sse3: 1
hw.optional.supplementalsse3: 1
hw.optional.sse4_1: 1
hw.optional.sse4_2: 0
hw.optional.x86_64: 1
hw.optional.aes: 0
hw.optional.avx1_0: 0
hw.optional.rdrand: 0
hw.optional.f16c: 0
hw.optional.enfstrg: 0

10.6.8 Mac:
new-host:~ marcelblum$ sysctl hw.optional
hw.optional.floatingpoint: 1
hw.optional.mmx: 1
hw.optional.sse: 1
hw.optional.sse2: 1
hw.optional.sse3: 1
hw.optional.supplementalsse3: 1
hw.optional.sse4_1: 1
hw.optional.sse4_2: 0
hw.optional.x86_64: 1
hw.optional.aes: 0

So basically identical processors, I think just 10.8 shows more possible options that the cpu doesn't have.

Thanks for any insights.

Cheers

Antoine