Re: [fluid-dev] Re : no effects applied using multiple stereo channels

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re : no effects applied using multiple stereo channels
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 21:42:56 +0200

ok, thanks.

I executed

fluidsynth -a jack -o synth.audio-channels=3 mysoundfont.sf2

and applied my reverb settings. Since my soundcard doesn't have 3
outputs, I mapped them all to one. I actually planned to record it
with ardour later... However, I don't get any reverb at all.

Setting synth.audio-channels to 1 and applying the same reverb
settings and everything works fine.

Apart from that, why is there actually a need for mapping all the
reverb to output 0? Wouldn't it be more useful to map them to their
corresponding output? Meaning, according to you example:

Dry sound + reverb from MIDI Channel 1 to output 1,
Dry sound + reverb from MIDI Channel 2 to output 2,
Dry sound + reverb from MIDI Channel 3 to output 0, etc.

Tom