Re: [fluid-dev] SoundFont exclusiveClass

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] SoundFont exclusiveClass
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 00:16:20 -0400

On Sep 12, 2016, at 09:32 , S. Christian Collins <address@hidden> wrote:

> The problem isn't the envelope, it's the excessive amount of filter Q you are
> using on that layer. What appears to be happening is that the 96 dB of
> resonance amplifies the resonant frequency to a super-high level, which seems
> to be getting capped by a built-in limiter.

Isn’t this the inverse of what the SoundFont spec says should happen?  As the
resonance value is increased, the DC gain should decrease, and the peak should
not move:

    The resonance is measured as a dB ratio of the resonant peak
    to the DC gain. The DC gain at any resonance is half of the
    resonance value below the DC gain at zero resonance; hence
    the peak height is half the resonance value above DC gain at
    zero resonance.

(If I misunderstand something, please have patience.  I’m new to this.)
—
Dan