Re: [fluid-dev] ?==?utf-8?q? ALSA Problem with libfluidsynth.so

From: Ralf Mattes
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] ?==?utf-8?q? ALSA Problem with libfluidsynth.so
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2017 10:16:57 +0200

Am Samstag, 09. September 2017 09:18 CEST, mike <address@hidden> schrieb:

> Hi Tom, Thank you. [again]. All working the way it should. The more I
> learn about Linux, the less I know - Mike

Custom-installed libraries should be installed under /usr/local (so either
/usr/local/lib
of /usr/local/lib64). After installation you need to update the linker cache by
running
ldconfig (or 'ldconfig -v' to see what's going on). This needs to be done as
root.
To check which library your application actually does link to run:

 ldd /usr/local/bin/mycoolapp | grep fluidsynth

HTH Ralf Mattes